Another treasure that popped up from the almost worldwide quarantine—due to COVID-19—is the beautiful medley played on the piano by composer Sawano Hiroyuki, responsible for soundtracks in hit anime like Gundam Unicorn, Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, and Promare.
In the medley, he includes songs from the aforementioned series to once again evoke all those sad, happy, heartbroken, nerve-wracking, and grieving emotions through a delicate performance in the studio.
- 00:00: “UNICORN” from Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Original Soundtrack
- 00:45: “ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn” from Attack on Titan Original Soundtrack
- 01:04: “κrOnё” from Guilty Crown Original Soundtrack
- 01:54: “Inferno” from “Promare” Original Soundtrack
- 02:27: “GUNDAM” from Mobile Suit Gundam UC Original Soundtrack vol3
The last track “GUNDAM” in itself is a soundtrack that collects different tracks, including the collaborative song “But still…” which Aimer sings in, and that is the melody you hear at the beginning of that segment.
I guess if you haven’t been watching these shows in the past it might not be as emotional, but the beautiful performance is something we all can appreciate—especially at times like these.