JROCK NEWS will hold its first-ever worldwide art contest, and we’re inviting all artists to be a part of our history by designing a mascot for us. The winner will be rewarded with a T-shirt, tote bag and phone case with their own design!
Deadline is December 5, 00:00 GMT
We’re looking for a character mascot to help represent our love for JROCK and Japanese culture. So, if you’re an artist leave any self-doubt at the door and show us what you got! We’re more focused on the idea than the finesse of the final piece you submit so this is open to those of any creative skill level.
While we know you’re a creative bunch and would like to let you run wild with your ideas, there are a few specifications that must be met for your mascot to be eligible.
- The theme is Japan and/or rock music
- It must be an original design (no traced art)
- No human nudity or graphic depictions of lewdness ?
- Artwork must be high-resolution JPEG or PNG file, minimum 1200px by 1200px
And that’s pretty much it. You’ve got the skill, and you know what we’re looking for. Design a mascot that can’t be beaten for your chance to win a cool prize and bragging rights, of course. Good luck, hopefuls!
How to submit
Email your PNG or JPEG artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “JRN illustration contest – YOUR NAME” along with:
- Your nickname
- Your full name
- Links to your artist social media profiles if applicable (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter etc)
- Short description what inspired you
- Art materials used