The rapper-songwriter Haru Nemuri (春ねむり) has set her sights on the US for her next overseas tour. The first performance will take place at the grand SXSW Music Festival in Austin, Texas with more shows taking place in five major US cities beginning on March 16.
North America Tour 2020
- March 16-21 – Austin, TX South by Southwest (SXSW) 2020 (Tickets)
- March 22 – Dallas, TX Three Links Deep Ellum (Tickets)
- March 24 Brooklyn, NY Knitting Factory (Tickets)
- March 25 – Chicago, IL Sleeping Village (Tickets)
- March 27 – Los Angles, CA Echoplex (Tickets)
- March 28 – San Francisco, CA DNA Lounge (Tickets)
The exciting tour news also came with the release of her latest single, Fanfare, which was released on her birthday, January 10, and can be purchased through all streaming platforms. Fanfare is distinguished by the ringing of bells and gorgeous brass instruments, creating the sound of a parade to new beginnings, while also setting itself apart from her past repertoire.
The music video was shot in Russia, over the thoroughly frozen Amur River in the extreme temperature of 30 degrees below the freezing point. The harsh environment holds symbolic meaning, though, as seen by Haru waking up from her stoic expression and becoming uplifted with determination. Now that’s a dedication to the arts that we can definitely get behind. And, if you’d like to do so too, you can give her a much needed warm welcome during the tour. Tickets are now on sale.