amazarashi is holding its first livestream concert on December 12 for domestic fans, and a delayed viewing for overseas fans on December 20 that comes with additional English subtitles. The livestream and its concept address the pandemic state of the world today, and through the preview we just got, frontman Hiromu Akita is already triggering some thought-provoking questions.
A delayed viewing for overseas fans will be available on December 20 which adds additional English subtitles.
In a world where everything has turned upside down, amazarashi is holding its first online live concert titled “Mappou Dokushou Uten Kekkou” (末法独唱 雨天決行) on December 12. The reason for the livestream is due to the postponed tour and other postponed activities related to the 10-year anniversary, caused by COVID-19. According to amazarashi, it will be “a show that can only happen in these times”, and they even made a song to reflect this.
The upcoming EP “Reiwa Ninen, Uten Kekkou” (令和二年、雨天決行), slated for December 16, ties into the whole concept with its title essentially saying “The year 2020, rain or shine, the show must go on”.
When entering the livestream preview video below, you’ll be welcomed—or taunted into contemplation—with these lyrics:
What if I got into an accident tomorrow?
What if my company collapsed tomorrow
What if the person I love died tomorrow?
What if there was an epidemic tomorrow?
What if we were struck by disaster tomorrow?
What’s especially impressive with this concert is that it won’t be taking place in a typical concert venue, but instead by the “Hill of the Buddha” located in Sapporo, Japan’s Makomanai Takino Memorial Park. As seen in the preview video, amazarashi will be utilizing projection mapping with special effects and transform it into the “amazarashi Daibutsu” (amazarashi giant buddha) for one night!
The buddha was designed by famous Japanese modernist architect Tadao Ando in ancient times, built for the very purpose of salvation from disasters and diseases, making this one of the most ideal locations to perform.
This will be a solo concert with frontman Hiromu Akita taking the unique stage, singing, performing plays, and poetry reading of his original creations, including a special setlist like no other.
Hiromu Akita shared a message regarding the livestream:
With the live tour postponement due to this difficult year, we were met with many hurdles and hardships trying complete our 10th Anniversary tour. But in spite of all this, new tracks were written in this Reiwa Year 2  when they shouldn’t have been created.
When it is not the right time to do a live performance, this special show was created out of that. When we start amazarashi’s 10th Anniversary year in a time when it was not proper that we should be singing, then doing this live performance feels kind of right. We hope everyone will enjoy “Utenkekko”.
amazarashi – Mappou Dokushou Uten Kekkou
Overseas (delayed viewing with English subtitles)
- Date: December 20
- Time: 11:00 JST
- Archive: Available until December 22, 23:59 JST
- Stream URL: https://livefrom.events/amazarashi/
- Available territories: United States, Mexico, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, Chile, Brazil, France, and Hong Kong
- Date: December 12
- Time: 18:30-21:00 JST
- Archive: Available until December 19 23:59 JST
- Livestream URL: https://l-tike.com/concert/mevent/?mid=501349
- Requires d-account (Docomo Account) and a Japanese registered cell phone.
- Merchandise store: https://store.plusmember.jp/amazarashi/
Make sure to catch the new EP Reiwa Ninen, Uten Kekkou on December 16 which comes with an acoustic rendition of tracks Reiwa Ninen, Tsumiki, and Tokyo, only if you get the limited edition!
Update 2020-12-08: Information on the concert availability for the overseas audiences has been released. The article is updated with the new information and includes Hiromu Akita’s message.
- Reiwa Ninen令和二年
- Sekai no Kaizoudo世界の解像度
- Taiyou no Uka太陽の羽化
- Bakasawagi wa mou Owari馬鹿騒ぎはもう終わり
- Reiwa Ninen acoustic version令和二年 acoustic version
- Tsumiki acoustic version積み木 acoustic version
- Tokyo acoustic version東京 acoustic version
- Karappo no Sora ni Tsubusareru空っぽの空に潰される ~ 「0.7」
- Karmaカルマ ~ 「0.7」
- Furui SF Eiga古い SF 映画 ~ 「あまざらし 千分の一夜物語 スターライト」
- Starlightスターライト ~ 「あまざらし 千分の一夜物語 スターライト」
- Shuusoku収束 ~ 「amazarashi Live Tour 2016 世界分岐二〇一六」
- Kistesu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku季節は次々死んでいく ~ 「amazarashi Live Tour 2016 世界分岐二〇一六」
- Shirafuしらふ ~ 「amazarashi Live Tour 2016 世界分岐二〇一六」
- Kyomubyou虚無病 ~ 「amazarashi 360° LIVE「虚無病」」
- Boku ga Shinou to Omotta no wa僕が死のうと思ったのは ~ 「amazarashi 360° LIVE「虚無病」」
- Philosophyフィロソフィー ~ 「amazarashi LIVE「理論武装解除」」
- Kanashimi Hitotsu mo Nokosanaide悲しみ一つも残さないで ~ 「amazarashi LIVE「理論武装解除」」
- Word Processorワードプロセッサー ~ 「amazarashi LIVE「朗読演奏実験空間『新言語秩序』」
- Living Deadリビングデッド ~ 「amazarashi LIVE「朗読演奏実験空間『新言語秩序』」
- Dokuhaku独白 ~ 「amazarashi LIVE「朗読演奏実験空間『新言語秩序』」
- Inochi ni Fusawashii命にふさわしい ~ 「amazarashi Live Tour 2019 未来になれなかった全ての夜に」
- Mirai ni narenakatta ano Yoru ni未来になれなかったあの夜に ~ 「amazarashi Live Tour 2019 未来になれなかった全ての夜に」